Human Resources Manager, Culture and Talent
This is a roll-up your sleeves position that leads critical parts of the human resources function across the entire organization. Our team members are critical to achieving our mission, and our commitment to providing exceptional HR services reflects that. In addition to ensuring we continue to provide white-glove HR services, this position also implements significant and system-wide initiatives and changes. In 2017, the Human Resources Manager will implement a new HRIS and benefits, as well as other big changes.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
General HR Services
- Lead team effort to maintain exceptional day-to-day HR related customer service to staff
- Lead firm-wide communications on matters related to general HR, compensation, culture and compliance
- Develop, implement, and support leading HR practices that increase efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure high quality HR services
- Design and implement training in key HR areas, including compensation, culture and compliance
- Serve as business partner providing training, coaching and internal consulting to supervisors and leaders on employee-relations, including performance matters
- Manage and oversee staff transitions, including involuntary terminations and exit interviews
- Supervise more junior staff, including using Arabella’s leading management models and frameworks and supporting learning and development
- Manage team capacity to provide HR services
- Manage assigned Culture and Talent team budget line-items
- Maintain HR certification and continue to develop knowledge of leading HR practices
- Serve as primary relationship manager with Arabella’s HR vendors, including our legal team
- Manage the team’s knowledge management systems, including providing staff essential HR content
- Design, implement, and lead the firm’s total compensation (e.g., bonuses, salaries and benefits) strategy through collaboration with key stakeholders, including senior leadership and our compensation committee
- Manage administration of the firm’s various compensation programs
- Lead trainings on Arabella’s various compensation programs, including benefits
- Oversee payroll processing, including reviewing accuracy of data, and manage as necessary
- Oversee maintenance of payroll data such as leave, insurance, and benefit deductions
- Reconcile benefit invoices for accuracy
- Manage processing and tracking of overtime data
- Lead efforts to ensure Arabella is compliant with all applicable employment laws and regulations in multiple states and jurisdictions
- Oversee management of HRIS records and personnel files and conduct regular audits
- Maintain employee handbook, including keeping policies up-to-date
- Implement necessary compliance related trainings across the firm
- Manage essential government reporting
- Ensure personnel information is kept confidential to the extent required by laws, regulations and firm policies
- Ensure workforce analytics are maintained and provided to managers and senior leadership
- Monitor performance management programs
- Lead design and implementation of programs that elevates Arabella’s values
- Lead and track planning for local and firm wide programs
- Create an outstanding place to work and bring joy to all staff
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 years of HR experience, to include compensation and benefits experience
- HRCI or SHRM certification
- Demonstrated commitment to the philanthropic sector and mission-driven organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence in fast-paced cultures
- Experience effectively leading large-scale projects and change management initiatives
- Experience successfully leading and managing stakeholders at all levels within an organization
- Experience designing and leading trainings on HR and employee relations matters
- Experience supervising small teams
- Experience managing multistate and multijurisdictional compliance, to include California
- Experience developing and using workforce analytics to support sound business decisions
- Experience fostering a values-based culture
- Extensive knowledge of various benefits and compensation programs
- Proficiency managing an HRIS, with preference given to Paycor experience
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Track record of continuing to develop HR knowledge and skills
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.