ABOUT GOOD WORLDWIDE
GOOD Worldwide stands for the pursuit of a meaningful life. We engage pragmatic idealists, committed and aspirational change-makers who are seeking creative solutions to move society forward. Where traditional perspectives would have us choose between living well and doing good, GOOD believes we can do both.
GOOD|Media accomplishes this by engaging directly with a broad audience of global citizens via a web site, quarterly magazine and regular events. We deliver original content and experiences that help our audience to understand themselves, their communities, and the world in a way that promotes a more purposeful, meaningful life.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an East Coast Sales Representative for our New York office. This position calls for selling advertising on our website and print magazine, and we are looking for someone who excels at booking and running new account meetings, building smart marketing plan packages and proposals, and closing deals in a fast paced environment. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Managing the Company’s East Coast sales to achieve sales goals mutually agreed upon by you and the GM of Media.
- Prospecting, growing, and maintaining a regional account list selling across multiple platforms;
- Building relationships with agencies and clients;
- Identifying and understanding trends within client markets and industries;
- Providing smart client research and industry specific information;
- Attending sales meetings to present/sell-in marketing proposals to agencies and clients;
- Working to sell solutions to advertising agencies and direct clients that are in line with the Company’s programming and broader corporate goals;
- Engaging in direct prospecting and lead generating activities;
- Working with cross-functional teams within the Company to develop innovative integrated deals; and
- Vigorously pursuing opportunities to generate commissionable margin for the Company.
- Proven track record of developing and building client relationships.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast paced environment, work collaboratively with other departments and communicate effectively with the management team.
- Be a problem solver and thought leader on sales and marketing trends in the market. Who is doing what, and how do our offerings and sales approach fit both today and in the future?
- Be a “people person” with great networking skills.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, as well exceptionally strong communication and writing skills; the ability to translate concepts into easy to understand messages is crucial
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Maintaining a positive, winning attitude and instilling that same attitude in their team.
- A clear understanding of how social media strategy fits into broader advertising and marketing programs
- Consistently successful track record developing new business and revenue (book of business matters) with solid grounding in selling into large organizations advertising and marketing services for digital media and/or social/community companies (5 years minimum).
- Bachelors degree, in business or something interesting, from a top university.