Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is seeking a Head of Development (VP, Financial Development) reports to the CEO and manages a team of 4.
Imagine being part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world—a place where your work positively-influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
As part of the leadership team, the person in this role will have an opportunity to make a profound difference in a cause driven organization. If you’ve ever considered working in an environment where social responsibility permeates the culture, the YMCA could be the place for you. As the 8th largest Y Association in the country, serving over 200,000 members in 6 counties (Philadelphia, Delaware, Berks, Chester, Montgomery and Pike), the Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y has the size and scope to make a real and positive change in the communities they serve.
What you’ll do:
The Vice President of Financial Development will understand and promote the mission of the YMCA as part of the senior management team and one of the leaders in the change management process for Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y. While leading the annual and capital campaigns to generate the needed resources for Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y, the Vice President of Financial Development will also help to foster philanthropy as part of the culture throughout the organization.
The Vice President of Financial Development will:
- Lead annual and capital campaigns to generate needed resources for Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y.
- Develop and maintain key relationships.
- Build a development infrastructure needed to support the long term needs of Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y.
- Foster a highly engaged and productive development team culture based on respect, accountability and transparency through:
- Defining excellent performance and setting clear expectations for each and every job
- Developing a coaching and supportive culture with frequent feedback for staff
- Provide great staff development and training opportunities with support of Human Resource team.
- Understand key success factors in successful fundraising initiatives
- Develop and manage informational processes to support long term fundraising working with the Finance and IT teams.
- Understand and adopt benchmarks for performance and identify and adopt best practices.
- Assist in organizational leadership as part of the senior management team.
- Ensure that operations is supported by the development team.
- Develop a fundraising strategy that considers immediate and longer term needs.
- Be able to meet established goals.
- Work with key volunteers and constituents that are both successful and fosters great relationships, as well as have an appreciation and commitment to the Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y and its work.
- Develop key messages in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Ensure that Philadelphia Freedom Valley Y implements best stewardship practices.
- Lead by example.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of progressive development experience with a results-proven track record of exceeding goals and evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen
- Nationally recognized fundraising designation
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for the work of the YMCA, ability to foster great relationships and able to maintain a culture of stewardship excellence
- Experience leading both Annual and capital campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial development environment and best practices
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups and capacity to ensure accountability
Contact Mary Beth Armstrong, Executive Search Consultant to apply — firstname.lastname@example.org | 267-290-1908