TCC Group is a social impact consulting firm committed to helping diverse social actors strengthen and scale their work. We are committed to addressing complex social problems by heightening our clients’ understanding of their collaborative role in society. A Certified B Corporation founded in 1980, we provide an array of services to nonprofits, foundations and corporate citizenship programs that include strategic planning and program development, foundation and grants management, landscape research and organizational assessment, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity building.
The Grants Support Specialist is a full-time employee who will support the Corporate Service team with project support and grants management. Strong writing, organizational, and detail orientation skills are a must. The Grants Support Specialist will support our consulting teams and clients by providing project management and coordination services to project leads. We are looking for someone who is self-directed but also works well in team settings, proactive, and who can juggle work on multiple projects simultaneously.
A significant amount of the Grants Support Specialist’s time will be dedicated to a range of healthcare programs that TCC manages for a pharmaceutical client. Interest and experience in healthcare issues is a plus.
Participating in client engagements under the supervision of the project manager, the Grants Support Specialist’s primary client is their TCC consulting team. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing day-to-day project management support, including note-taking and providing meeting summaries, assisting with coordination of work of project teams across multiple offices and managing task and project budgets.
- Timeline and calendar development and monitoring.
- Stakeholder list management.
- Reviewing grant proposals, including conducting basic financial analysis of organizational and programmatic budgets, summarizing proposal highlights and identifying points of ineligibility and/or concern.
- Reviewing, tracking, assessing, and/or sorting of documents relevant to grant making including applications, progress reports, and/or evaluation reports.
- Supporting facilitation of Grant Committee meetings and decision making, as well as Grant Committee Members.
- Cross program monitoring and grant portfolio building.
- Report monitoring and administration.
- Managing timely and complete responses from grantees and/or related partners.
- Providing technical assistance to grantees through a virtual help desk.
- Monitoring online grantee portal.
- Supporting client auditing.
- Ongoing email and phone communication with applicants, grantees, clients, and senior team management.
- Assisting with preparation of work plans, action plans, correspondence, application and reporting materials, and PowerPoint presentations by formatting, proofreading, and copy-editing.
- Undergraduate degree essential
- At least two years of professional experience required
- Experience in grants management or grantmaking strongly preferred
- Experience or strong interest in HIV and public health is a benefit
Skills and Attributes
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Must be responsive, accountable, and detail oriented with a problem-solving orientation
- Proactive and self-starter attitude – ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is a benefit
- Strong team member
- Demonstrated track record in managing tasks and/or small projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work on multiple teams and take direction from multiple project managers, in multiple geographic locations
- Intellectual curiosity
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using Microsoft Professional Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet search engines and databases
- Knowledge of grantmaking systems preferred – experience with Fluxx is a benefit
Commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter for the “Grants Support Specialist” position at https://jobs-tccgrp.icims.com/
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best-qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.