The Grants Manager and Administrative Associate is primarily responsible for supporting ArtPlace’s Operations/Administration and Grant Making programs. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Grants Manager and Administrative Associate is a full time position who will manage their time efficiently and effectively to support all lines of work at ArtPlace.
- Database Management and Maintenance (the National Creative Placemaking Fund (NCPF) is currently managed in FLUXX):
- Manage process to design and maintain FLUXX forms, including future iterations of the NCPF open call and full proposal, interim and final reports for grantees, and associated email notifications through reviewing and approving Fluxx Advanced Services designs.
- Troubleshoot errors with FLUXX technicians as needed.
- Attend FLUXX trainings and train ArtPlace staff as needed.
- Serve as the primary contact for FLUXX on all project scope and contract issues.
- Serve as primary staff member on technology projects that integrate with the FLUXX database.
- Manage various Application Program Interfaces (APIs) that work between FLUXX and ArtPlace program needs.
- General grant management and investment support for The National Creative Placemaking Fund, the Community Development Investments and the Research strategies at ArtPlace
- Scheduling for Travel and Meetings for The National Creative Placemaking Fund, the Community Development Investment program and the Research
Operations and Administration:
- Design and distribute monthly budget to actuals for all lines of work.
- Maintain and organize all organization filing systems.
- Take and maintain staff meeting minutes, update and distribute.
- Support all lines of work in creating Payment Request Forms and streamlining expense/reimbursement process.
- Event support as needed.
- Scheduling for Travel and Meetings for ArtPlace Executive Director, Managing Director and Communications Director as needed.
- Tracking relationships, monitoring and creating a master calendar, and other database creation and maintenance projects.
- Ad Hoc project management and general office organizational support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of the principles of database management and business process workflow.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience using and maintaining a grants management database.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals, and projects.
- Organize work to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
- Knowledge and understanding of a grantmaking foundation.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems is highly desirable.
- Experience working in organizations involving arts and culture, community development, or both is preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in database management with preference give to experience with FLUXX.
- At least 1 year of experience managing philanthropic grants.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience and advanced understanding of Microsoft Office (especially Outlook), Dropbox, and/or comparable systems.
- Familiarity and comfort with working in a lean and highly collaborative work environment.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience