Summary: The Grants and Development Manager will be primarily responsible for raising support from foundations, corporations, and congregations while also supporting the organization’s individual giving and events. The Grants and Development Manager will play a key role in increasing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the foundation, corporate and congregation community to support the agency’s various programs and operations. A candidate must demonstrate superior writing skills and possess a keen interest in human services and homelessness. Experience with Neon CRM and grant writing is strongly preferred.
- Manage the agency’s overall development efforts of private grant funding to help leverage and provide cash match for existing organizational budgets;
- Writes and edits private grant proposals, reports, and correspondence to donors and prospects;
- Work alongside the Marketing and Development Manager whose responsibilities include coordination of sponsorship program, which includes identifying and securing ongoing and special event sponsors and engaging them in service opportunities; the development and growth of our individual donor base; project management of all annual events; management of the annual appeal campaign and cultivate major gifts;
- Manage the donor database, ensuring data quality; provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and conduct quarterly reconciliation with the Director of Finance;
- Manages private/corporate grant portfolio including grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders as required;
- Ensure fidelity and stewardship of grants through program evaluation and goal setting in conjunction with program staff;
- Engage in research to identify new individual, foundation, and government prospects;
- Devotes time to professional development and staying abreast of trends, changes, and information in the development and fundraising fields;
- Assists with other fundraising efforts when necessary;
- Build awareness, understanding, and buy-in among key constituents (major donors, volunteers, corporate & community supporters and congregations) to compel them toward action (donate, volunteer, connect) as part of NSHSS’ solution to homelessness.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Development Manager in the production of an annual video highlighting programs and accomplishments
- Institutionalize strategic partnerships to create comprehensive, long-term relationships with corporations/business, congregations and organizations.
- Stay abreast of all political and other environmental trends in the housing, health care and other social and economic areas that can impact the center and the agency;
- Represent agency at external activities as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Non-profit Management, Human Services, or related discipline, and at least 2 years of experience in grant writing. Strong familiarity with the local, state and federal government grant procurement process.
- Demonstrated superior writing and interpersonal skills;
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals;
- Proven management and leadership capabilities;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, remaining focused and flexible;
- Experience working with senior level executives in a nonprofit environment;
- High energy and positive attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail;
- High degree of initiative and professionalism;
- Excellent verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development;
- Familiarity with urban nonprofits, working with populations who are homeless a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors;
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills;
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base;
- Good computer skills and knowledge of various database programs, preferably Neon CRM