Taproot Foundation, a national nonprofit, connects nonprofits and social change organizations with skilled volunteers through pro bono service. Taproot is creating a world where organizations dedicated to social change have full access—through pro bono—to the marketing, strategy, HR, and IT resources they need to be most effective. Since 2001, Taproot’s skilled volunteers have served 4,000 social change organizations representing 1.4 million hours of work worth over $150 million in value. From our offices in in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. we support pro bono across the country and are leading a network of global pro bono providers in over 23 countries around the world.
Today Taproot has expanded on its Service Grant Program, and now offers nonprofits and social change organizations a spectrum of pro bono services including one day events and its newest online program Taproot+ which connects nonprofits to skilled volunteers for shorter term pro bono projects. Taproot has also developed an advisory service consulting practice which helps corporations develop their own pro bono programs to engage employees. Taproot provides a voice and advocates for volunteerism, particularly among business professionals who have talents and skills which may not otherwise be available to the nonprofit sector.
Grants & Development Manager supports the revenue and infrastructure goals of Taproot’s External Affairs & Development Departments with a primary focus on the national grant pipeline that supports the organization in reaching its annual revenue goals. Responsibilities include: institutional grant-writing with a focus on the creation of out-of-the-box proposals; data management including acting as the organization’s primary development liaison with the Finance department; systems and Salesforce oversight for the organization’s development department; budgeting and grant management and reporting; and organizational communications including social media and support for the VP of External Affairs in meeting annual goals. This position reports to the Vice President, External Affairs.
- The development of new language, proposals, reports and budgets for complex proposals that combine Taproot’s varied programs.
- Management of organization’s development department’s Salesforce data in partnership with local city’s development staff. This includes the creation of new reports, individual giving data tracking, and additional data and reporting as needed.
- Management of the grant funding cycle for national accounts including prospecting/profiling for new relationships for the VP of External Affairs and senior leadership.
- Oversight of Taproot’s development collateral including website and funder lists updates and creation of new marketing materials as necessary.
- Creation and ongoing management and posting of organizational communications in partnership with the Director of Marketing including social media, web communications and more.
- Management of the national funding pipeline including reporting to Finance & Administration with regard to budget vs. actual outcomes and building a strong prospect pipeline.
- Support for key initiatives overseen by the External Affairs including Pro Bono Week and the Pro Bono Summit as well as additional events and initiatives as developed.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate has a proven track record with regard to the skills below as well as comfort in a flexible working environment and a genuine interest in developing organizational infrastructure, reports and processes.
- Exceptional writer with excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience grant writing and development
- Full fluency and analytical skills and technical competencies with Salesforce and Excel
- Strong technological competency and fluency enabling support for digital program sales
- Sharp and strategic thinker with a passion for the mission of the Taproot Foundation
- Demonstrated fast learner and self-starter
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience working with and supporting senior executives
- Innovative and proactive approach to solving problems and finding information
- Ability to work independently while functioning effectively as a member of a team
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector through previous work experience
Do you like this post?