About TCC Group
Formed in 1980, TCC Group provides strategic planning, program development, and management consulting services to foundations, nonprofit organizations, corporate community involvement programs, and government agencies. Its consulting staff includes individuals with wide-ranging expertise and experience in diverse areas of nonprofit sector activity, including education, arts and culture, community and economic development, human services, health care, children and family issues, and the environment.
With offices in Philadelphia, New York City, and San Francisco the firm works with clients nationally and internationally. Services to our clients include strategic planning, capacity building, organizational assessment and development, feasibility studies, program evaluation, organizational evaluation, board development, restructuring and repositioning, as well as grant program design, and facilitation.
About the Position
The Evaluation Consultant is a full time employee in the Evaluation Practice based out of New York or Philadelphia. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, designing, managing and conducting evaluations for the firm’s philanthropic, nonprofit and corporate clients.
The Evaluation Consultant will work as part of a team consisting of the Director of Evaluation, Associate Director of Evaluation, Senior Consultants, other Consultants, and an Evaluation Support Specialist. The work products created and/or supervised by the Evaluation Consultant would be expected to meet the high quality standards consistent with the firm’s goals and our clients’ needs.
At TCC Group, learning defines our philosophy and approach to evaluation — learning that enhances capacity and effectiveness, improves programs, and leads to greater social impact. We not only strive to track the "bottom line," but also to evaluate and learn from the process of getting there. We believe the real value of evaluation is in its intended purpose and deliberate use. Based on our extensive experience, we are able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities in the social sector. We bring to our work the perspective of our evaluation expertise, broad experience, and the enthusiastic commitment to support the ongoing learning of our clients.
General Consultant Responsibilities:
- Participating in client engagements at all levels; conducting and documenting interviews; developing project work plans and budgets; meeting with clients over the course of the project; facilitating meetings with boards, staffs, other stakeholders, and observers; compiling and analyzing information gleaned from diverse sources; preparing reports including writing, formatting and editing; and preparing and making presentations.
- Providing day-to-day project management, usually under the oversight of the senior staff, including maintaining regular contact with clients, and monitoring project budgets and work plans. Participating in marketing and sales efforts, including attending meetings with prospective clients, drafting proposals, assisting in preparation of firm marketing materials, designing and conducting workshops, public speaking, contributing to thought leadership and working to implement the Practice’s marketing strategies.
Responsibilities Specific to the Evaluation Practice:
- Being part of a team that effectively designs and conducts formative and summative evaluations for nonprofit organizations and foundations, starting from conception and design through execution and reporting.
- Being part of a team that effectively designs evaluation plans and systems with nonprofit organizations and funders, including facilitating logic model processes with key stakeholders.
- Assuming a project management role in evaluations for clients, including tracking budgets and scope of work, team management, and managing client needs and expectations.
- Designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative research tools for data collection, including the ability to conduct tests of reliability and validity for survey instruments.
- Collecting data, including conducting interviews, focus groups, and administering surveys and questionnaires.
- Conducting inferential statistical analysis of quantitative data and analyzing qualitative data
- Developing clear and well-written evaluation reports and other project deliverables.
- Providing evaluation technical assistance and training to client organizations.
- Assisting clients with organizational development issues as a component of evaluation and capacity building.
- Assisting in management and quality control for the entire portfolio of evaluation projects.
- Thoughtfully contributing to the evaluation field through articles, presentations, blogposts, social media engagement, etc.
- A master’s degree or greater in the social sciences, public policy, education or a related field.
- Preferred three to five years of experience working in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector, corporate or private philanthropy, or government.
- Knowledge of issue areas relevant to the social sector (e.g., health, education, social justice, etc.)
- Experience with facilitating logic model processes with key stakeholders from foundations and nonprofit organizations.
- Expertise with conducting mixed-methods analysis including quantitative inferential analysis and analyzing qualitative data.
- Experience conducting interviews and capturing comprehensive notes related to the content of interviews for future analysis.
- Formal training in evaluation/research design and methodology strongly desired.
- Data visualization knowledge and experience strongly desired.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems strongly desired.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and an intrinsic motivation to learn.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative while establishing strong, collaborative interpersonal relationships with colleagues at all levels and from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds.
- Proven record of having contributed to team building efforts in the pursuit of professional goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to travel (travel time and distance varies depending on projects).
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs as well as statistical analysis software (preferably SPSS)
Commensurate with experience.
Please visit the careers section of our website at:
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. The firm values diversity of all types including but not limited to diversity of race, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic background and religion. We also value diversity in outlook and career experience. We do so because we believe that individuals should be valued for who they are and the qualities and skills they bring to the organization. We value the spectrum of perspective that comes with diversity, for this enriches our capacity to work as a team and to better serve our clients by more accurately reflecting who they are and sensitizing us to their concerns.
For more information on TCC Group, visit http://www.tccgrp.com.