Founded in 1990 and guided by the values of collaboration, depth and feminism, Outright Action International strives to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people to live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. Outright Action International’s vision of change includes policy reform, legal challenges, coalition initiatives, and stronger LGBTI communities worldwide.
OutRight currently seeks a Development Officer – Individual Giving. This position is based out of our New York office.
The Development Officer for Individual Giving leads OutRight’s individual giving efforts, including planning and executing fundraising to sustain and grow the number or size of individual and corporate donors and donations, managing donations and working with the Major Gifts officer to manage the individual donor program, communicate with donors and organize fundraising events.
- Develop and implement OutRight’s individual donor strategy
- Manage individual and corporate donors, including past donors, those we are currently cultivating, and future prospects
- Develop and execute an effective grassroots fundraising strategy online and via direct mail
- Develop quarterly and annual reports for individual donors, and other collateral needed for individual fundraising in collaboration with the Development team
- Coordinate engagement of donors and prospects in events, program opportunities, including mentorship, advisory boards, speaking opportunities, and more
- Organize fundraising events, including our major annual event in May
- Manage donations and donors in our database, ensuring proper accounting and stewardship of all donors, with the help of the Development Team
- Manage and grow OutRight’s monthly donor program
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent
- Devotion to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) human rights in a global context
- Minimum of three years of experience in creating and implementing successful individual donor strategies.
- Knowledge of the corporate philanthropic community
- Experience from implementing successful direct mail campaigns
- Experience using donor database software, preferably Salesforce CRM
- Experience organizing and managing fundraising events
- Excellent organizational, management, writing, and proofreading skills
- Comfortable prospecting, cultivating and managing individual donors
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, but also a dependable team player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Google Docs,
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience of using Facebook, Twitter, and other outlets and tools for individual donor cultivation and event promotion
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position, a resume/CV, and a writing sample relevant to the position to email@example.com. Please refer to "Development Officer - Individual Giving" in the subject line.
OutRight Action International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, transgender/gender-variant individuals, and individuals from the Global South are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 15, 2016.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not call.