ioby seeks a Development Officer based in Brooklyn, NY. The Development Officer will work alongside ioby leadership to realize an ambitious vision for organizational growth as ioby scales its operations over the next four years.
Women, people of color and LGBT people are always strongly encouraged to apply.
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
- Oversee the implementation of fundraising goals and strategies in collaboration with the Executive Director and board members.
- Track all donor and prospect interactions, requirements and requests
- Identify and conduct research on donors and prospects
- Support the Executive Director and senior management to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts
- Oversee all activities related to these efforts, including: creating and maintaining donors profiles and records, tracking interactions, working with Finance to report on the activities and budgets for all contracts in a timely fashion
- Manage stewardship of existing donors through a program of personal contact, recognition, and regular communication
- Create and maintain a database of development contacts
- Support Executive Director in planning fundraising and cultivation events as needed
- Incorporate regular research for ongoing and future funding opportunities into regular work plans
- Prepare collateral and background materials for donor meetings
- Build knowledge in the variety of fields ioby works in, including: civic crowdfunding, civic tech, urban sustainability and resiliency, climate mitigation and adaptation, community organizing, healthy communities, sustainable food systems, placemaking and shifting trends in philanthropy
This job is based at ioby’s headquarters in Brooklyn, NY, and is designed to be a full-time position. ioby is a startup: You’ll be expected to bring new ideas, strategies, revise your work on short timelines and bring an attitude of continuous improvement and a culture of innovation. For more information about ioby, visit ioby.org.
Candidates for this position must have the following characteristics.
- Articulate with exceptional listening skills; able to easily communicate complex ideas into accessible narratives
- Meticulous by nature with a passion for detail; enjoys working as efficiently as possible and improving processes; excited by Google spreadsheets
- Exhibits high level of discretion
- Flexible, efficient and adaptable in startup culture
- 3-5 years of professional experience in development
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
- Proficiency with all of today’s cloud-based collaborative software: all Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, Dropbox, Asana, Email Marketing, etc.
- Familiarity with development software / databases including Salesforce
- Highly organized, self-starting, excellent problem-solving skills, motivated creativity, and the ability to manage many things at once while being flexible and able to think on the go; deadline driven
- Courtesy, tact, patience and team orientation; team player with a sense of humor and a life outside of work; excellent listening and collaboration skills
- Interest in playing a key role in building a startup organization; enjoys new challenges and opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics.
- Passionate about fundraising, citizen philanthropy, disrupting the traditional nonprofit fundraising field
- Background in political fundraising and / or sale
This is a full-time position, it is salaried, commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefit package.