Rockwood Leadership Institute provides personal transformative leadership practices and resources that connect social change leaders in powerful networks to create a just, sustainable and equitable world.
Rockwood does not do 'business as usual.' Our commitment to our values influences every aspect of our organization—what we do and how we do it.
Rockwood’s core values include:
- Radical inclusion
- Relationship before task
- Giving and receiving direct feedback
- Kindness over niceness
- Leading from purpose, individually and as an organization
The Development Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Senior Development Manager, the President, and the Chief Executive Officer to advance fundraising efforts for Rockwood. Activities will include: supporting the day-to-day operations of the department, driving the production and completion of written reports (in conjunction with program and finance staff), editing proposals, and coordinating direct mail and electronic solicitations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Development Manager to ensure progress in all foundation grant goals
- Work with program staff to write, edit and submit foundation reports
- Support the Senior Development Manager in editing and submitting foundation proposals
- Prospect for new funders and write funder/donor briefings
- Maintain grant calendars to ensure all reports and proposals are submitted on time
- Coordinate the production of individual donor appeals and communications through paper mail and e-mail, including an annual major donor campaign
- Produce acknowledgement letters for donations
- Develop and maintain administrative systems for grant and donation tracking
- Prepare briefing materials for the Senior Development Manager and President for funder meetings and attend funder meetings as needed
- Draft e-mails and correspondence to funders and donors
- Serve as a Salesforce “expert user”
- Assist in developing procedures for Development use of the database
- Ensure data quality for donor and funder records in the database
- Maintain funder reporting calendar
- Track all foundation grants and donor gifts in database
- Process gifts in the database
- Update and maintain donor and foundation information in the database
- Produce reports
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience administratively supporting a small to medium-sized nonprofit organization or other office-based business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in Salesforce, another CRM database or donor management database required
- Effective spoken (phone and in-person) and written communication skills
- Strong sense of motivation and self-management skills
- Ability to track details effectively and manage multiple tasks at once
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to resolve issues that may come up
- Desire to work within a very diverse workplace and to relate to a broad spectrum of people outside of Rockwood
- Optimistic and positive team player
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $45,000 based on experience. Rockwood offers a 32-hour full-time workweek and a competitive benefits package.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter with a description of your experience as it relates to the above, a brief persuasive or professional writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 20, 2016.
Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, Rockwood prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.