For almost a decade, the Institute for Nonprofit Practice (formerly Institute for Nonprofit Management and Leadership, INML) has pursued its mission to transform communities by equipping the most promising nonprofit leaders with the skills, confidence and resources they need to make their organizations effective, innovative and sustainable. Central to our mission is a commitment to social justice and advancing women and people of color in leadership.
We accomplish this mission through a series of year-long certificate programs for executives, managers and high-potential emerging leaders. The result: in ten academic years, 1,000 students representing more than 450 nonprofit organizations have acquired new skills and expertise that have made them more effective managers and leaders. After a decade of success, we are looking ahead to the next chapter of growth and opportunities to broaden and deepen our impact.
INP is affiliated with Tufts University's Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life, which grants certificates to students upon graduation.
About the Opportunity
The Development Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Development Director, and will play a critical role contributing to the fundraising work of a vibrant, innovative nonprofit, positioned for greater visibility and reach in the years ahead. The Development Coordinator will provide critical support for all elements of the Institute’s fundraising efforts including foundation, individual, and corporate giving.
This position is ideal for someone who is ready to deepen their fundraising skills or for someone more experienced who is interested in entering the development field. This role requires strong attention to detail, the ability to work quickly, exceptional communication skills and comfort with ambiguity as the Institute for Nonprofit Practice grows and evolves.
- Assist the Development Director in creation and execution of INP’s annual fundraising plan for individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Individual Giving: Support the implementation of individual giving strategy including managing various appeal processes, managing donor database including gift entry, and providing support for acknowledging gifts and stewarding donors.
- Communications: Support implementation of communication strategy.
- Data Management: Maintain detailed records of grant submissions, cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Administrative: Provide fundraising administrative support for CEO and Development Director (e.g., scheduling meetings, preparing materials, and organizing travel).
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization's mission to external constituents.
- Support ad hoc special projects that support and respond to organizational growth and development.
- Grants Management: Manage grant calendar including researching new prospects, building a grants pipeline, writing proposals, and reports for foundation, corporate, and individual prospects.
- 2-4 years of professional experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization. One to two years of experience in development or related field strongly preferred.
- Excellent and proven communication skills, in person, in writing, and on the phone.
- Ability to meet shifting deadlines with a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Comfort working independently and taking initiative to solve problems creatively.
- Excellent organizational skills and familiarity with database management.
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and energy.
- Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of INP.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- Eagerness for more responsibility and exposure to new challenges.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle; willingness to travel to sites for program activities.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com; materials may be addressed to Audrey Gillis, Development Director. Please include “Application for Development Coordinator” in subject line.
The position is based at INP’s office at 144 Gould Street, Needham, MA. INP is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.