The corporate responsibility assistant provides administrative support to the vice president of corporate responsibility and to the corporate responsibility department as a whole. The department is responsible for leading the corporate engagement work of SVCF, currently working with over 100 clients.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the vice president of corporate responsibility’s office and initiate follow-up action.
- Maintain the vice president’s calendar; arrange appointments and meetings, and communicate schedules with other staff as needed.
- Monitor the department’s operational budget, track and code invoices for payment and prepare the vice presidents monthly expense reports in conjunction with director.
- Manage the department’s external email inboxes and respond to / redirect emails as appropriate
- Assist in the coordination, set-up and clean-up for various internal and external meetings/ events. Provide significant support around vendor contracts, managing RSVPs and day-of logistics
- Manage the competitive grant process by reviewing applications and supporting documents, creating spreadsheets and communicating with non-profits as needed
- Develop and prepare grant reports (particularly in excel) and presentations, including necessary supporting documentation as needed by clients
- Support the opening of new advised funds and onboarding of new clients
- Provide support on various client projects as needed. Tasks may include: internet research, inputting grant recommendations and administration of database reports, etc.
- Assist the development and marketing departments to accomplish the division’s goals and across the organization to support the community foundation’s priorities and mission
- Back-up for front desk receptionist as needed (shared duty across all administrative positions).
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years administrative experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook is required.
- BlackBaud Raisers Edge, Granted Edge and Financial Edge database experience highly desirable
- Attention to detail and superior organizational skills are required.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to work as a team member in varied activities and projects
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple and often competing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor.
- Willingness to assist wherever needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and what you would bring to Silicon Valley Community Foundation. Send cover letter and resume as a single Word document via email to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15358641
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.
Application deadline: open until filled.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
SVCF does not pursue sponsorship of work visas for foreign nationals