Community Manager, Amplifier
Are you interested in growing an exciting new brand in the Jewish philanthropic sector? Do you want to be a critical part of an entrepreneurial, creative organization that is empowering new philanthropists of all ages, giving levels, and passions to achieve their visions for change? If so, then you might be the right person to join Amplifier: The Jewish Giving Circle Movement as our Community Manager.
Who We Are
Amplifier: The Jewish Giving Circle Movement creates and sustains giving circles inspired by Jewish values to change the way people engage with giving, create new access points to engage with Jewish life, and empower people to build new values-based communities.
Launched in 2014 after a co-design process that engaged dozens of Jewish giving circles, women’s foundations, teen foundations, funders, and innovative organizations, Amplifier helps organizations and individuals to create new giving circles around the world at all giving levels, strengthens existing giving circles, and provides critical backbone infrastructure and programming for the field.
Amplifier is the brainchild of the Natan Fund, a New York-based giving circle of emerging philanthropists who fund Jewish and Israeli social innovation. Amplifier is a small, constantly evolving project with a smart, warm, and growing staff. Our team is flexible, collaborative, and willing to perform all of the tasks associated with running a small organization. We’re colocated with Natan at the dynamic WeWork Gramercy co-working space.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a digital savvy Community Manager who will be responsible for Amplifier’s communications, PR, social media, and content creation—and who will use these online tools as well as in-person networking to create relationships, build our brand, and weave and connect our growing network.
We’re seeking someone who is outgoing, creative, mature, detail-oriented, resourceful, committed to providing great “client services” for our community, and willing to perform all of the tasks associated with being part of a small and constantly evolving organization. You will need excellent interpersonal skills and to be able to interact easily with a wide variety of organizations and givers at all ages and levels of giving.
What You’ll Do
The Community Manager will report to Amplifier’s Program Director and will work closely with Amplifier’s Program Manager.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Communications Strategy & Management
- Create and execute a communications strategy for Amplifier that will support its brand, build its public relations, and publicize its opportunities.
- Create content for and disseminate Amplifier’s newsletter, blog, and social media.
- Measure the impact of marketing projects and recommend datadriven improvements to the communications strategy.
- Manage Amplifier’s website and relationship with its web design firm, coordinating website improvements, new features, and bug fixes.
- Create content for and manage the design of new giving circle resources and materials for Amplifier’s programs and online Resource Library.
- Grow and maintain excellent relationships with giving circle leaders, members, and nonprofit organizations; build relationships among them and weave together our network of 90+ giving circles inspired by Jewish values (which is growing every day).
- Coach giving circle leaders and members on how to access Amplifier’s resources and services as they build and sustain their giving circles.
- Support users of Amplifier’s website as they create and maintain profiles, log grants, manage their grantmaking processes, and submit Common Grant Applications.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with consultants and vendors.
- Manage the collection of Amplifier’s data from its network of giving circles; provide reports on this data for Amplifier’s own learning, as well as for funders, research, and related communications.
- Maintain our Salesforce IQ database.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Creative problemsolver who can quickly, effectively find solutions and resolve issues
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to produce content for brands and disseminate across multiple communication platforms: email, social media, website, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both as a member of a small team and independently
- Sensitivity and discretion handling confidential information
- Excellent technical skills – experience with and/or aptitude for mastering Google apps, Microsoft Office suite, web platform backend, and Salesforce IQ
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe InDesign preferred but not required
Qualified applicants will have at least a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related work experience. Familiarity with giving circles or philanthropy preferred. This is a fulltime position located in New York, NY with occasional weekday evening meetings and travel. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits. Natan/Amplifier is an equal opportunity employer, is open to flexible work schedules, and closes for observance during Jewish holidays.
The ideal start date for this position is September 5, 2016. Please send resume, cover letter with salary expectations, a brief writing sample, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.