The Women Donors Network (WDN) seeks a full-time Community Engagement Manager based in San Francisco.
WDN is building a more fair, just, and sustainable world by leveraging the wealth, power, and community of progressive women philanthropists. We are a community of 200+ women with a purpose – together we connect, learn, and take action to further our shared vision of a better world. WDN builds a thriving and inclusive community, develops individual women donors to be their most powerful selves, supports movement-building work with bedrock funding, and incubates high-impact initiatives that create long-lasting change.
We are looking for a new colleague to join our team of 10. This position is critical in ensuring the vibrancy and growth of the WDN community, including developing the leadership of new and existing members, helping members make meaningful connections with one another, managing member retention, and conducting outreach to recruit new members into the WDN community. We are organized and detail-oriented, so you should be, too. It's essential that you are both a team player and a self-starter. We want you to share our passion for social change and our entrepreneurial spirit.
We prioritize applying an intersectional lens to all of our work, and believe that a diverse staff is integral to everything we do. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
• Identifying and recruiting prospective WDN members, including organizing prospective member recruitment events.
• Conducting orientation calls and meetings with new members and helping to onboard them for long-term success in WDN.
• Developing new plans for member retention, and leading donor stewardship efforts.
• Driving member and prospective member attendance at regular WDN regional meetings across the country, working closely with other staff and members around logistics and communications.
• Collaborating with other staff on WDN's annual membership renewal process.
• Supporting efforts to leverage contributions from WDN members for collective impact, including the work of our eight donor circles, the Reflective Democracy Campaign, and the Jean Hardisty Catalytic Impact Fund, which is supporting work in the Movement for Black Lives.
• Serving as a spokesperson for WDN at relevant conferences and gatherings where members and prospective members are present, and helping to build WDN's brand and visibility.
• Designing and creating materials and reports related to membership work.
• Collecting and maintaining records in WDN's database pertinent to prospective and existing members.
• Providing occasional back-up support to other WDN staff members when needed.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in membership organizations, community organizing, fundraising, external relations, sales, or other relevant experience
• Ability to both lead and to collaborate
• Ability to analyze a problem and execute on solutions
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Enthusiasm for bringing new people into the WDN community, and networking skills
• Experience working with diverse constituencies
• Ability to build trusting relationships and motivate others to action
• Enthusiasm to take initiative and work independently, multi-task, and to do whatever is required in a fast-paced environment
• A set of values consistent with the mission and vision of WDN
PREFERRED BACKGROUND (helpful, but not required)
• Experience in fundraising with high net-worth donors
• Experience with recruiting and retaining members or donors
• Experience working in a foundation or non-profit organization
• Experience in community organizing
• Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce
WDN provides highly competitive compensation based on skills and experience, with excellent health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits, and the possibility of occasional telecommuting. We offer a positive work environment that supports work-life balance. This position is full time, exempt, generally office-based, and reports to the VP of Strategy & Member Engagement. Daily hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials email@example.com:
• Cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience
• Current resume, including salary history
• Three references with contact information