Agoura Hills, CA (Los Angeles County)
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition-age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. In 2015, the Humanitarian Prize was awarded to Landesa, a Seattle-based land rights organization. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.4 billion in grants, distributing $107 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2015. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.5 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager and is responsible for the daily operations and coordination of workflow of the Communications department. This position serves as the liaison between Communications team members as well as with other departments within the Foundation and external partners, to keep everyone on track of workflow. Specifically, works with all departments on the Foundation’s communication activities, including internal and external publications, the website, writing and/or editing official Foundation documents, and special projects, as needed.
- Produce content for organizational materials and communications.
- Coordinate Foundation media relationships.
- Maintain communications calendar and coordinate meetings to keep communications team on track of workflow and projects.
- Monitor incoming emails, respond to inquiries and requests.
- Provide assistance with Foundation events and presentations.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Manage and update Foundation contacts and mailing lists.
- Facilitate communications across and among all departments.
- Work with vendors and consultants to oversee production of materials.
- Track and update communications budget.
- Review and process invoices, credit card bills and travel reimbursement forms related to the Communications Department.
- Edit website content and post time-sensitive material.
- Update and maintain list of all documents on the website.
- Coordinate with other departments to keep track of revisions.
- Assist with maintenance of website, ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure proper functionality and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist the Communications team and other departments to maintain and increase the Foundation’s presence on social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Manage social media content calendar.
- Program content using third-party software and post updates when needed.
- Coordinate content across platforms, while ensuring consistency.
- Keep up-to-date on social media trends and adapt to new platforms.
- Film basic video vignettes and interviews.
Writing and Editing
- Write press releases for new grants and other relevant announcements.
- Manage editorial calendar for the publication of articles on the website.
- Work with colleagues in other departments to develop editorial content for the website.
- Assist in writing, editing, and proofreading official Foundation documents.
- Edit materials for Board members and meetings.
- Prepare speech drafts and talking points for Foundation spokespersons.
- Assist with creation of Foundation brochure and other printed materials.
- Work with designers, photographers and internal clients.
- Assemble materials for production of publications.
- Organize the Foundation's digital photo archive, historic photos and videos.
- Passion for the Foundation’s humanitarian mission
- Strong interest in the Foundation's priorities, goals and operations.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multitask, organize and prioritize to stay within budget and on deadline.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in producing high quality work.
- Ability to develop collaborative work relationships, internally and externally, to achieve effective outcomes.
- At least 3 years relevant experience, preferably within a communications or public relations firm, or a nonprofit organization.
- Basic budget and accounting knowledge, including expense tracking and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint for PC
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite for PC
- Intermediate knowledge of photo and video equipment for basic photo and video shoots.
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS systems a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn and travel
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent with emphasis in English, communications, marketing, journalism, and/or computer science preferred.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note "Communications Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.