Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Client Specialist will work closely with an Advisor (Threshold Foundation Manager) and Event Manager supporting all of the activities of Tides’ largest client for independent foundation management services, Threshold Foundation. The Client Specialist will provide programmatic and administrative support in the following areas: donor and board engagement, membership and recruitment services, basic financial services, issue area research and analysis, administrative and systems support, data entry, event support and staffing, and other special projects as requested.
The Client Specialist will also support the Client Services Department and other Tides clients in the following areas: donor engagement, grant recommendation processing, grantee reporting, basic financial services, issue area research and analysis, administrative and systems support, data entry, and other special projects as requested. The successful candidate will work as part of a service team providing programmatic and administrative support to deliver exceptional client and operations support.
The Client Specialist is a non-exempt position. Non-exempt employees work a standard 40 hour work week. Time worked beyond 40 hours is at manager’s discretion. This position is based in our San Francisco office located in the Presidio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for all client service activity, including processing financial transactions, drafting and sending correspondence, responding to requests for information, basic website and social media support, and scheduling, coordinating and documenting internal/external meetings and events.
- Develop expertise in Tides and Threshold’s policies, procedures, and service offerings; contribute to their ongoing review and refinement.
- Develop expertise in nonprofit compliance, rules and regulations; work closely with manager to identify opportunities for learning and development.
- Perform data entry for client transactional requests and provide initial review for completeness and compliance. Coordinate routing for additional review, approval, signature and filing in accordance with Tides and Threshold’s policies and procedures.
- Provide and coordinate appropriate support from fellow staff within client services, grants management, human resources, finance, and other departments within Tides.
- Support development/planning for client related contracts, service agreements, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), leases, and similar documents in close coordination with the Advisors and other internal departments.
- Assist with the entire grants cycle including processing/review of grants, communication with clients and grantees, and data entry into the grants management system.
- Coordinate the orientation of new clients in partnership with the client service team, including help with Tides various client system portals.
- Assist with data integrity, maintenance of team information and queue management in all databases; provide regular metric reports to management team.
- Collaborate on proposal development and reporting cycles for funds supported by clients, including re-granting activities and other projects managed by the team.
- Support member outreach and communications materials, new member outreach and orientation initiatives, and support website development, administration and content updates in collaboration with Threshold volunteers.
- Complete projects as assigned within the department’s portfolio of work, ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
- Travel 2-3 times a year and provide exceptional onsite event support for clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated interest in social change/social justice through jobs or volunteer work.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results that meet the needs of internal and external clients and strive for a high level of client satisfaction.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all parties.
- Superb communication skills (verbal/written); Able to present accurate and appropriate information, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgment. Demonstrates ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
- Is proficient in database administration, Google Drive, MS Office Suite, and is a fast learner on new platforms and languages. Strong knowledge of social media platforms and keeping web presence and accounts updated.
- Strong research and writing skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, copy editing and proofreading.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgment in all working relationships and related duties.
- Strong administrative and project management skills and experience, including planning and managing projects both independently and with colleagues.
- Proven organizational skills, including excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to prioritize work and multi-task in order to meet tight, sometimes simultaneous deadlines in collaboration with others.
- Interest and preference to work as a strong, contributing member of a team delivering client services in a clear, efficient, and collegial manner.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Prior experience in membership coordination.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING TO SUPPORT TIDES AND WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS JOB.
Please apply at:
No phone calls please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.