InclusionVentures is focused on identifying the most effective and scalable ways to make inclusion the norm in the work environment through the workforce, work culture, and work products and services. Through strategic consulting, expert facilitation, interactive workshops and trainings, and inspiring keynotes, we create transformational experiences, skill-building, and knowledge transfer that lead to innovative practices, better decision-making, optimized performance, and, dare we hope, a better world. Specializing in technology, media, and philanthropy, InclusionVentures has a small but mighty team, growing quickly, and looking to make a big impact. The company is two years old and moved six months ago to the Bay Area.
About the Opportunity:
As the second full time employee, the Associate will be critical to growing InclusionVentures. This is a great role for someone dedicated to advancing their skillsets around and exposure to best-in-class diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace. This person will work closely with the CEO and Founder to grow the business, help develop our organizational culture, and ensure excellent execution of all projects and programs. We are looking for someone who is extremely organized, is driven to attain results, sees the big picture, and sweats the details to ensure InclusionVentures achieves its goals. The Associate will be proactive and will have a deep passion for the mission of InclusionVentures. There is significant upward mobility in this role for the right person.
This job is part program manager, part business development, and part operations.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Lead special projects for InclusionVentures.
- Draft proposals for new business opportunities. This includes working with the CEO to identify program details and to ensure the quality proposal gets written, edited, and submitted on time.
- Identify different content opportunities for engagements, working with the CEO and talented facilitators to define scope and timeline, and contribute content on time and within budget. Manage logistics for day-of engagements. Coordinate all elements to ensure smooth success.
- Help with marketing and messaging.
- Represent InclusionVentures at various events, conferences, and networking sessions.
- Project manage all timelines and deliverables for all InclusionVentures clients, including establishing timelines up front with the CEO and client, ensuring follow-up with stakeholders, and ensuring final execution of each program on time and within budget.
- Manage logistics and contracts for facilitators and contractors.
- Lead operational responsibilities for InclusionVentures, including client follow-up and CMS management.
- Professional or personal experience working in, and passion for, diversity, inclusion, leadership, and facilitation
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including experience writing business proposals and/or marketing content
- Excellent business acumen and experience working with executive level leaders
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience managing and producing events for 30 - 200 people
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Your pulse on trends in technology, media, and/or philanthropy
- Competency with WordPress, Quickbooks, and newsletter creation and management
- A healthy curiosity, a motivation to improve the world, and a solutions-oriented approach
- A strong ability to listen to external processors, take excellent notes, and turn ideas into concrete written and visual products that convey important content to others
- The ability to work autonomously and to adapt as the business evolves
- Energy about joining a lean yet dedicated and growing team
- InclusionVentures is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Job available immediately. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Associate” in the subject line.
For more information: