Dear EPIP Friends,
At this time of year, we all feel an overwhelming urge to show appreciation and give thanks to those in our families and communities who have given of themselves to make our lives a bit easier, a bit better, a bit nicer. We at EPIP give thanks to YOU for engaging with EPIP, taking ownership of your personal development, and making a difference in your communities. EPIP is a talent pipeline for social change efforts, but we’re only as successful as our members. And we are grateful for your efforts and successes in making the world a better place.
If you haven’t already, we want you to make a commitment to #DoGood this holiday season.
- #givingTuesday is approaching on December 3rd. How do you plan to be philanthropic?
- Reach out to a neighbor or friend who may need help.
- Comfort someone who might be lonely or who has suffered a recent loss. (We especially have EPIP Advisory Board Member, Don Jordan and EPIP Minnesota Chapter Leader, Shaina Briscoe, on our mind.)
- Commit to a local nonprofit that would benefit from your strategic thinking and leadership.
- Share a kind word or a conversation that leads to action.
Many of philanthropy’s emerging thought leaders have shared their views on what it takes to #DoGood. See what they have to say about making a difference in the 21st Century.
How will you answer the call and have an impact this holiday season?
We look forward to seeing how you are going to share your time, talent, and treasure. Together, we will change the world. What could be a bigger reason for which to be thankful?!
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving (Thanksgivukkah)!
Rahsaan Harris, PhD
Executive Director | Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP)