Greetings Chapter Leaders,
Things are always coming up that, as a team, we want to bring to your attention. With Member Connect, I can now do that easily without clogging your inboxes with a lot of text. Each of the topics below will lead you to a post within the Chapter Leaders Group within Member Connect. If you have any trouble accessing Member Connect, just let me know.
Remember, to make it easy to access Member Connect, once you sign in, you don’t have to sign out, and you can keep the page as a bookmark so that you can easily find it.
This is the first edition of Chapter Leader News, so it’s chock full of info for you all. Take some time to read through it. There’s a lot here. You’ll hear about the 2013 budget policy, our support of chapter recruitment of institutional members locally, the 2013 annual conference in Chicago, and several other announcements. Just click on the links below and they’ll take you to Member Connect to learn more about each topic.
This link will take you to the complete 2013 Chapter Budget Policy.
Part of the 2013 budget policy supports institutional member recruitment. Find more information about that by clicking on the link above.
Here you’ll find info on:
- CL benefit packages
- Open call for sessions
- Chapter reimbursement requests and receipts due to Rebecca Schumer by 12/19
- New EPIP marketing materials now available
- New tool: using Eventbrite an Survey Monkey together
- EPIP’s Knowledge Network for Grantmakers of Color in the Bay Area from January 30-February 1, 2013 in the Bay Area
- Foundations on the Hill Scholarships Available! March 19-20, 2013
- We’re looking for new EPIP Web Fellows!
- We’ll be hosting a web-based training on Member Connect and how to engage with and make the most of it.
- Send all job postings to Rebecca Schumer from now on
- Remember that partnerships between your chapter and your Partnerships between EPIP and Regional Associations of Grantmakers are extremely important. Hear words from Rob Collier from the Council of Michigan Foundations. Think about this for your chapter as you move into 2013!
Finally, this is the first edition of Chapter Leader News, and I want it to be the best it can be. A part of that is getting feedback from you all. Please let me know how this could be a better resource for you. (And, as always, if you no longer consider yourself an EPIP Chapter Leader, let me know and I will take you off of this list.)
Happy reading, and a happy holiday season to you all,