This week, the Supreme Court handed down decisions on a number of cases affecting children, youth, and families. Among these, the Court’s decision regarding the Constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act and immigration enforcement spurred by challenges to Arizona law SB1070, will undoubtedly have dramatic long-term impacts.
Please join GCYF for two upcoming learning events detailing the Court’s decisions on these cases, their legal implications, and what it means for children, youth and families as well as CYF funders.
Monday, July 9, 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Join GCYF and The Atlantic Philanthropies for a webinar discussing the Supreme Court’s decision regarding the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, the decision’s impact on provisions included in the law, and what it means for children and families in accessing affordable health care and health care coverage.
- Kimberly Chin, Programme Executive, The Atlantic Philanthropies (moderator)
- Bruce Lesley, President, First Focus
- Carrie Fitzgerald, Senior Director for Health Policy, First Focus
Thursday, July 19, 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Join GCYF and Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees for a call providing an overview of the Supreme Court’s highly anticipated decision on immigration enforcement, including a discussion of the legal implications, community responses nationwide, and roles for funders.
- Mayra Peters-Quintero, Program Officer, Ford Foundation (moderator)
- Lucas Guttentag, Robina Foundation Distinguished Senior Research Scholar in Law and Lecturer in Law, Yale Law School
- Marielena Hincapié, Executive Director, National Immigration Law Center