This just in from our friends at the Marguerite Casey Foundation:
About the Foundation
Marguerite Casey Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and multicultural work environment reflecting the families and organizations we support. We seek dynamic individuals who are intelligent, thoughtful and dedicated to social change. We believe that each member of the foundation’s staff is crucial to fulfilling our mission and making change possible.
The Administrative Assistant (Programs & Evaluation) will provide administrative, clerical, and operational support to the program officers and evaluation officer. She/he will liaison between grant seekers and the program and evaluation officers to manage and enhance the flow of communication and information; handle special projects; and support the work of the program & evaluation team and the foundation as a whole.
Nature and Scope of Position
- This is a full-time, non exempt position.
- This position will assist the program officers maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and work with internal and external partners to ensure the effective operation of the program & evaluation team.
- This position will also provide support to general office operations as part of the foundation’s overall administrative team.
Coordinate the flow of information between the program officers and grant seekers. Specifically, she/he is expected to:
- Respond to correspondence from grant seekers.
Support the work of the program officers. Specifically, she/he is expected to:
- Manage travel, meeting planning and logistics
- Assist in the production of grant dockets, grant histories and other reports.
- Research, write, edit, and check facts.
- Prepare and assemble reports, documents, and other publications.
- Seven years of experience working in an office environment.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to set and accomplish priorities.
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical, creative and anticipatory thinking skills; experience as a self-starter and sustained initiator.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, and complete projects to established standards.
- Ability to work under pressure or stressful circumstances with a positive, proactive, can-do attitude; and the ability to remain flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and listening communication skills.
- Highly developed service orientation with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Sensitivity in working with individuals of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and lifestyle backgrounds.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- May require occasional out of state travel.
- Familiarity with the field of philanthropy and nonprofit sector.
- Familiarity with GIFTS, Foundation Power, Microsoft Access, or other database-management experience.
Interested and qualified persons are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter by August 24, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Marguerite Casey Foundation is an EOE moving toward culturally competent and diverse workplace.