Thanks to our friends at REI for sharing the job announcement for a Giving Administrator. Details below. To apply online, click here.
Is it important to feel good about where you work? We think so. At REI, we have a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you. We all share an interest in the outdoors, and also share a commitment to taking care of the natural places where we play so they’re around for generations to come. It’s all part of the REI mission to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship.
The Giving Administrator is responsible for implementing and administering corporate programs to engage employees, members and customers with outdoor volunteer stewardship. The Giving Administrator will ensure the efficient and optimal performance of philanthropic efforts to meet program goals. The Giving Administrator’s work will support REI’s organizational commitment to stewardship of the outdoors. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
· 3+ years of professional experience in communications, grant-making, non-profit management or a related program area.
· 3+ years of proven project management and budgeting experience; achieving organizational goals and demonstrating success through quantitative and qualitative measures.
· Prior experience and familiarity with non-profit organizations, preferably relating to development, capacity-building, operations, volunteer programs and financial needs.
· Strong knowledge and demonstrated expertise in social media communication.
· Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
· Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
· Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
· Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
· Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
· Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
· Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
· Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change